November 01, 2011

NaBloPoMo

So, here we go.  I am on the West Coast, so I still have a few hours left on November 1st.  What I am talking about is the BlogHer initiative National Blog Post Month - NaBloPoMo.  It is a challenge to write a blog post every day for 30 days.  There are all sorts of resources and prompts, blog rolls and support.  Each day you can follow the twitter stream and blog rolls and read along with a multitude of other bloggers.  I vaguely remember seeing all the letters flying around last year during November.  There is also NaNoWriMo, an even larger and (in my opinion much) more difficult task of writing a novel in 30 days.

So this year I am challenging myself to participate in the challenge.  I even went and signed up on BlogHer.  I might try my hand at adding the badge to my blog.  I'll not hold my breath on that one, the back-end blogging stuff still has me all sorts of confused.   

Now, this may seem a bit crazy.  I am only one month and 4 posts into this whole blogging world.  Well, the writing part of the blog world.  I have been part of the reading/commenting side for a few years now.  It is the writing part that makes me nervous.  I have never been a huge writer.  In college, writing was one of the few things that really kept me up at night stressing over.  I would read and re-read every line of every paper I had to compose.  I never understood the nuances of a story line and creating characters.  I could scarcely grasp the sentence and paragraph structure, much less presenting it all in an interesting enough tone to capture my professor. 

So here I am, basically writing as if I am talking to a girlfriend.  I hope to not bore too many of you (whoever "you" happen to be).  My goal in participating is to strain my creative side and hopefully make this a space to be proud of.  A place to share my life as it is in this moment, with my husband, children, work and friends.  A place to hopefully share in this wonderful community of mothers, women and friends I have long been admiring from afar.


 Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yipee!
So glad you're joining us:)

I'm looking forward to reading!